Sunday, August 11, 2013

So it begins...

Where to begin...perhaps with an answer to the question that always comes up when I tell people where I am headed.  The dreaded "WHY???".  Honestly, I am so not a fan of this question - probably because I ask myself it everyday. I can't really answer with a few words.  Part of it is because I was getting restless and wanted "more".  Partly because the money is going to be pretty damn good.  Part of it is to prove people wrong.  Part of it is to prove to myself that I CAN do this.   Who knows?  There are tons of answers to this question but none of them really seem to be completely true.  All I know is this:  I love my family.  I love my friends.  I love Allendale.   But I wasn't 100% happy and it was beginning to show in my teaching and in other areas of my life. Something was missing.  So I guess you could say that this is my attempt to find whatever that thing is.  I'll let ya know if I do.

Another question that I really don't have an answer to is "Why Abu Dhabi?".  I know it is strange - a girl who HATES summer weather is moving to the freaking desert.  Doesn't really make sense, right?  I guess the best answer is - they hired me.  ADEC was the first place that hired me,  and therefore the place I am going.  Also, it looks pretty darn cool if you google it!!!

Anyways, I wanted to get this blog going before I actually get to Abu Dhabi and since I still don't have my plane ticket now seemed like a good time.  I've been told to expect to leave between the 19th and 24th which is only a week away.  I'm super nervous since I haven't gotten my itinerary and scores of other people already have.  Its really hard to be excited for everyone when I am still a basket full of nerves over here.  Hopefully I will hear something soon so I can stop checking my email every two minutes and enjoy my last week at home!!!

And with that, my first post is done.  I feel a little like Doogie Howser typing all of this.  I almost expect my screen to turn blue and the font white.  Wow - I'm a dork!  

1 comment:

  1. Movers in Abu Dhabi - Relocate effortlessly with the finest Movers in Abu Dhabi! Trust our dedicated team at https://abudhabi.wemovers.ae/movers for a seamless and stress-free moving experience. Your journey to a new beginning starts here.

    ReplyDelete